Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Monday, August 13, 2007

Yo, Rock...


Well, I did it. I told myself I wouldn't do it, but I couldn't help it. I raised my arms and jumped up and down and played the music in my head...

Dun Dun D-D-Dun D-D-Dun D-D-Dun...

In the presence of the world-famous Rocky statue at the base of the stairs of the Philadelphia Museum of Art that said Rocky ascended in his training run before his bout with Apollo, I was rendered defenseless in my battle to refrain from doing Mr. Balboa's victory dance.

Speaking of world famous, it's amazing how well-known this American icon is. A woman came up to me and we were discussing the statue and she mentioned the three kids on the right in this photograph (click on image for larger view) just arrived in the US last week from Ghana to stay with her and they all knew about Rocky and wanted to come see the statue and run the stairs. Pretty amazing stuff.

No comments: