Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Philly Phun


I'm hanging out in Philadelphia this week, and you can't help but feel the tradition and historical significance all around you when you're here.

Oddly enough, it was hotter hear today than back in Dallas, which was fantastic since the classroom I was in here in Philly had no air conditioning. Good times.

Heat stroke aside, I'm really looking forward to the rest of the week and getting out and seeing and photographing the city. The last time I was here I was only about 9 years old, which is to say the historical sites and stories were lost on me. [insert scene of me standing in front of the Liberty Bell with a t-shirt on that read "Kid for rent - $.01". I don't remember exactly what I was thinking, but I'm pretty sure it went something something like, 'Okay, big cracked bell. Next."]

In addition to the history here, one of the other things I really like about Philadelphia is the blue collar attitude and atmosphere in many of the neighborhoods. You can just tell that people work hard for what they've got and there's a palpable sense of pride about their communities and city. Very cool.

Click on the images to see larger previews. I'll post more images later.




No comments: