Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

More Personal Photography Party Images

Here's a few more of the images from my little self-guided play-time down in the Deep Ellum district this past Saturday.

I love silhouettes. They're so easy to photograph and even easier to add a little drama to in post-shoot editing.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Ha, was peeking in a window at a little gallery and saw my reflection in the glass and couldn't pass this shot up. Without looking through the viewfinder, it took about 7 tries to get an image where I actually got my face in the frame and in focus. Ridiculous.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Nothing particularly special about this run-down building when you pass it on the street, but with a little texture and vintage love, it's got a little character.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Funny thing about this next image is that just outside the frame is a sign saying graffiti is illegal in Deep Ellum. So, someone went through the effort to spray paint a message on this wall saying it wasn't a free wall to advertise on.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I met little "Bruiser" while walking down a back alley. Such a playful guy - it took everything I had just to get these 2 images because he kept running up to me where he was too close for me to ge tthe lens to focus on him.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Guess who? Who hasn't photographed their own shadow?... more than once.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Dusted off the old Lens Baby 2.0 for a couple images. Man, I need to upgrade to 3.0 where you can set your tilt shift. Holding the lens on a tilt with my fingers (req'd for v2.0) is something I'm pathetically unskilled at.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Umm... not sure why I took this next image other than because it was there and I had a camera in my hand. Hey, it was my photo party so I photographed whatever and whenever I wanted.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

This kinda of thing drives non-photographers crazy when they're with me. "For cryin' out loud, Matt... it's a freakin' parking meter! C'mon, let's go!" I love simple everyday things, though. These are the kinda things we live with everyday and never notice.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Ditto the caption of the above image.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

7 comments:

Kelley said...

Ah, photography therapy. It's amazing isn't it. I haven't ventured out in a bit by myself to have a session. BUT you've inspired me. The little dog is PRECIOUS. I know exactly what you mean about "comments from the crowd" when others are with you on one of these little expeditions. They just don't get it. Love the self portrait.

Anonymous said...

hey matt...what kind of lense is in the reflection shot?

Matt Nicolosi said...

Hi, Jenny. Other than the 2 or 3 selective focus images shot with the Lans Baby 2.0, all the images were taken using the Nikon 17-55mm f/2.8 lens.

HTH!

Rita said...

Hey Matt, Love the vintage and texture what did you use here?

Matt Nicolosi said...

On a couple of these a layered textures from Jesh de Rox as well as Nichole Van. I used soft light, overlay and/or hard light blending modes. HTH!

Relay For Life of Almaden said...

Matt,
Love the way you use vintage & textures. I have to use them more often.
Thanks for sharing.

Relay For Life of Almaden said...

Matt,
Love the way you use vintage & textures. I have to use them more often.
Thanks for sharing.