Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Melanie {bridal images!}


Last week I got to photograph my friend Melanie in her wedding dress for a few bridal images, and you're a lucky man, Mike... she looked gorgeous.

The whole thing almost didn't happen (the bridals, not the upcoming wedding), because to say that the weather looked ominous was an understatement. Melanie and I talked a couple times throughout the day as we watched the weather reports and kept checking the skies, and if there was any way possible to do the images on the day we scheduled it, we were going to make it happen. Ladies, you know how much planning, effort and money goes into getting the hair and make-up done and getting the dress on... it's an ordeal. Melanie was a good sport about it, and I kinda tried to talk her into rescheduling because the skies were dark and gray and it was sprinkling on the way to meet her at the park. We decided to just stick it out and make a decision once we both got there, and God smiled on us. Almost as soon as we pulled up, the rain stopped, the clouds parted and the sun even came out for a bit. Apparently God knows what an ordeal it is to plan these things, too.

Melanie told me I couldn't post anything until after the wedding so Mike couldn't see the dress until they get married a month from today. Whatever. Here's a few cool images from our session.

I love the way she's standing in this image. Looks so natural and relaxed.
023_Stover-Bridal_080417-E-

Don't her eyes look amazing here. And her hair looks fantastic.
006_bw_Stover-Bridal_080417

This is probably my favorite image from the session. Check out the way the sun's providing awesome backlighting on her hair and dress. Awesome.
001_Stover-Bridal_080417-E-

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I admit my heart skipped a beat when I saw the heading, but quickly scrolled down and saw the blurred images and took a deep breath... Can't wait to see the non-blurred pics! Thanks Matt!

Mel

Anonymous said...

What a tricky little booger!!!! Mel, I'm sure you were gorgeous. Can't wait to see you in it on your wedding day!

Anonymous said...

how very clever!! tee hee!!

Anonymous said...

ahahaha! you are too funny! i bet those blurry little images are breathtaking though. cant wait to see them!

Mollie said...

I may have snorted when I read this post Matt. Too funny ;)

Anonymous said...

you are such a tease...not nice! i love to read your blog! Makes me laugh...

Anonymous said...

That was funny! I can't wait to see Mel's pictures at the wedding and off course the bride.
Angie Gordon

Paula Barber said...

Such a tease!

Anonymous said...

I thought these were images posted from Uncle Bill...you know...the one with the really really nice digital camera:)