Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Samantha & Casey {engaged!}

Every once in a while you're fortunate enough to meet people and feel like the world is a better place because of them. Meet Casey and Samantha.

030_D3-Test_080312

034_D3-Test_080312

I knew just from the first time I talked to them on the phone about a photography session to celebrate their engagement that they were going to be a lot of fun. Lemme tell ya, they are A-W-E-S-O-M-E. God has blessed them with an amazing relationship, and their self-proclaimed "love birds" moniker couldn't be more accurate. The love these two share for each other is just so real and authentic and natural. I was truly inspired by them, and as a photographer one of the many cool things about them is that they're so relaxed and playful and willing to try anything. It doesn't get any better than that.

I think it helps that Casey and Sam are both musicians, so they're used to being in front of other people. In fact, they own and run the Creative Soul School of Modern Music in Watauga, TX, so check it out if you or your kids have ever had any interest in learning how to play cool tunes; music is their passion and their life.

Here's a few sneak peek images from the amazing session we had together. Casey & Sam, you're going to love your images... you guys rocked!

016_D3-Test_080314

050_D3-Test_080312

045_D3-Test_080312

038_D3-Test_080312

067_D3-Test_080312

069_D3-Test_080312

066_D3-Test_080312

053_D3-Test_080312

079_D3-Test_080312

082_D3-Test_080312

084_D3-Test_080312

086_D3-Test_080312

9 comments:

J.Stoia Portrait Design said...

Another GREAT session! I love he whole mood of it. How were you lighting your night shots?

Anonymous said...

once again matt - motivating and inspiring!!! Better post my WARNING sign again!

Jana said...

Oh WOW! Once again I'm blown away by your amazing work and am especially dazzled by the stair well shot. I'd love to hear what lighting you used for the street shot where it looks as if a spotlight is on them. You did an excellent job of capturing their fun personalities!!

Kelley said...

beautiful

Matt Nicolosi said...

For the night shots where I used flash (some were lit just using available street light and ISO 5000 on the D3), I used an off-camera Nikon SB-800 Speedlight mounted to a portable Larson 20x20 soft box and triggered the flash using PocketWizards. For the image in the street I used the same set-up, only that time a used a slow shutter speed (1/10th of a second I believe) to get a little more ambient light and movement in the image.

Hope that helps!

Anonymous said...

I just found your site. All I can say is your photos are unique, elegant, artistic and inspiring. Thank you - Amanda

Jana said...

Thanks for the info, Matt.

Anonymous said...

These photos rock my face off.
What else can I say.
WOW!
I'm like Jana (hi jana!!) I love the stairwell shot.
Just spectacular.
And how nice are you to share
your secrets!

Leah said...

your work is so inspiring. SUch pop and oomff to your images I love them!