Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mom's Day


Mom, I wanted to take this opportunity on this day - your day - to tell you 'thank you' for so many things.

Remember the time you let me borrow your car in HS on a Saturday night with zero visibility in the worst fog I'd ever seen? Yes, of course you do. By the time you got it back it had two flat tires, a missing front bumper, and a moon roof that was stuck open. Well, thank you for not holding that one against me by never letting me borrow the car again. BTW, I'm still sticking to the story that it was just a little rock that I hit. And remember that summer when I was in college and you were out of town for the week and I asked if I could "have a few people over" and it turned out to be 40+ 'friends' (not sure I even knew some of them) and a party that got a little outta hand? Thanks for being cool about it once you realized the house was still in one piece, the dog was fine (terrified, but otherwise alive and well), and your (repaired) car was still parked in the garage safe and sound.

Oh, yeah, and I hesitate to mention this one publicly as it's not one of my finest moments, but neither of us will forget the American History paper you 'assisted' me with the last two weeks of my senior year at OSU while I was swamped finishing my senior thesis project. Thanks for the help on that one... as much as I enjoyed my time in college, I didn't wanna have to stick around another quarter just to re-take that class if I didn't get the paper turned in. I'm sure it was a bittersweet moment for you as well. I mean, on one hand, only 8 A's in a class of 220 students... how proud you must've been. But on the other hand... well, you know. Let me just say thanks again.

Seriously, though, thank you for making so many sacrifices as Jas and I were growing up to make sure we had every opportunity to successfully find our paths in this crazy world. Thanks for being so supportive in everything we did even when we made mistakes. Thanks for being there to help me pick up the pieces and get back on my feet when I was going through periods of darkness and uncertainty. Most importantly, thank you for loving me unconditionally as your son.

Today I honor you and celebrate you as a courageous, dedicated mom. My mom. You have given me much and taught me more, many things you may never know. Thank you, and I love you.

----------

To all the mom's out there who have selflessly given to their children and husbands, you're the best. Thanks for all you do.

And to those whose mother's may have already passed from this world to be reunited with Christ, I pray that God would comfort you and smile upon you on this day as you remember the wonderful mothers you were blessed to have for a season.

2 comments:

Trinity Taylor Tackett said...

I'm hiring you to write my Mother's Day card next year!

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for this. I was truly blessed to have such great kids, and even more blessed (and proud) to know the men you've become. I do love you unconditionally in spite of your less stellar moments, and thank you for abiding through mine.

By the way, who's the eccentric, old lady in the photo?