Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Friday, May 9, 2008

Genevieve & Sophie {sisters!}


Okay, I dare you to tell me these two aren't beautiful. Go on... I dare you. Meet big sister Genevieve and little Sophie. Aren't those the coolest names, too? Man, I feel sorry for mom and dad when these two get a little older... they're gonna have to beet the pursuing princes away from the front door with a stick.

I met mom Sharon through a photographer's forum, and her and fellow photographer Karen asked me to come to Houston to photograph their families. I was especially honored - and a bit nervous - just because they're both photographers, so I couldn't bluff my way through their sessions. It's kinda like driving with a cop behind you... you just naturally get a little tense because they know when you're doing something wrong. I don't wanna give the impression Sharon and Karen were looking over my shoulder at all because they didn't in the least. They were great, and just let me do whatever I wanted to. It was just me creating the extra pressure in my mind I guess.

Anyway, both sessions went great, and I had a lot of fun during my weekend in Houston.

Here's some of the images from Sharon's family session. Stay tuned for a few from Karen's family in the next day or two.

457_Sheara_080418-Edit

148_Sheara_080418-Edit

312_vint_Sheara_080418-Edit

235_crop_Sheara_080418-Edit

464_Sheara_080418-Edit

469_Sheara_080418-Edit-2

257_Sheara_080418-Edit

357_Sheara_080418-Edit

359_Sheara_080418-Edit

397_Sheara_080418-Edit

409_Sheara_080418-Edit

460_bw_Sheara_080418-Edit

172_Sheara_080418-Edit

5 comments:

Camera Shy Creations said...

I knew stalking your blog would pay off eventually. These are AWESOME! I can't wait to see them all.

Cecile said...

these two are just so precious....thank you for sharing as always your images are incredibly touching

Pearson Family said...

Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE them!! They are truly amazing, as expected! Now you have me sitting on the edge of my seat waiting in anticipation...

Has anyone told you that you are a rockstar lately?? :)

Anonymous said...

omg! sharons girls are BEAUTIFUL!

maybe one day you can come to the ghetto and photograph my family too:)

great job matt! of course!