Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Monday, March 19, 2007

Where in the world?... [ part I ]




Several of you have graciously pretended to miss me and asked where I've been the last week and a half. Assuming my 8th grade World Geography memory hasn't completely rusted (a distinct possibility), at the moment I'm about as far away from home as I can get here in China. I'm specifically in Shanghai, and it is truly one of the most amazing cities I've ever experienced.

It's fascinating to me to see the extremes you can find here in Shanghai. Affluence and technological supremacy coexists with some of the most dire living conditions we as Americans can imagine. You can go from 1st world to 3rd world environments in a matter of blocks.



I'm headed home tomorrow, and I plan to put together a slide show of the images I've photographed on this trip. There are so many things I could've photographed that I just didn't have time for, so I tried to narrow my focus to a theme. This time I chose to focus on raw every day life here in Shanghai and some of the surrounding country. That is still such a broad canvas that I haven't even come close to capturing a fraction of all that makes up that chapter.



Check back soon to see the slide show. After being blessed enough to photograph the amazing people that make up the backbone of this culture, I can't help but feel humbled and even sometimes guilty by how well we live in the US. I hope this helps to remind me not to take all that God has given me for granted.

To be continued...